Recent data reveals only 46% of consumers have individual life insurance, and that more than 3/4 of consumers age 25-64 say they would benefit from more close guidance from financial services professionals in adding that important voluntary benefit.
- According to LIMRA, half of consumers prefer to buy life insurance face-to-face through a financial professional.
- Consumers want an adviser who will educate, listen and gain trust.
- Research shows employees under age 45 prefer to purchase online.
- 60% of those surveyed say they own group life insurance, but coverage is less than individual policies and is only in place while the person is employed.
- A quarter of consumers studied say they have no life insurance at all.
- LIMRA reports 4 in 10 life insurance shoppers are prompted to start shopping for life insurance due to life events such as: marriage, divorce, having or adopting a child, buying a home, or experiencing the death of a relative or close friend.
“Life insurance is the one product that can help families keep a roof over their heads, provide for basic living expenses and allow time to recover and heal from the loss of a loved one,” says Robert Kerzner, president and CEO of LIMRA. “LIMRA’s research shows that people do not fully understand the risks they take by not having adequate life insurance coverage.”
Read the full article by Nick Otto here.
Please keep in mind that ClaimLinx can write life insurance policies as well as individual, surgery, accident and dental policies. Contact us for more information.