The ClaimLinx office will be closed on Wednesday, July 4 to celebrate Independence Day with friends and family. All inquiries will be returned as soon as possible upon our return.
We hope all our clients and members are able to enjoy the holiday safely with loved ones. Our staff will be attending cookouts, watching fireworks and trying to stay cool in the Summer heat. How will you be spending your Fourth of July? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram by tagging @ClaimLinx.
To kick off the celebration, read some interesting facts about the American Independence Day.
- July 2 may actually be a better date to celebrate. That is when Congress in 1776 ruled in favor of independence from Great Britain.
- We celebrate on July 4 because that is the date Congress approved the final draft of the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson.
- The Fourth of July is the biggest hot dog holiday of the year, when Americans consume more than 155 million tasty dogs.
- People often celebrate with an ice cold beer, but if you want to enjoy the libation-of-choice of the Founding Fathers you should pour a strong rum cocktail.
- When it was founded, the United States was just a small country of 13 colonies and about 2.5 million people. Now about 326 million people call the U.S. home.
- Exactly 50 years after finishing the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1826 both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams passed away within hours of each other.
- The first Independence Day celebration was held on July 8, 1776 in Philadelphia, where the Declaration of Independence was read aloud after calling people to town by ringing the Liberty Bell.
- Every Fourth of July the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia is tapped 13 times in honor of the 13 original colonies.
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4 — John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most other people signed on August 2.
We encourage all of our members and clients to stay safe while celebrating the holiday and we look forward to working with you again when our office is open.