Happy Halloween from ClaimLinx!
This time of year brings with it one of tastiest seasonal foods: Pumpkin. This year, chow down on those seeds or bite into that pie with a little less guilt. Pumpkin actually contains these 5 surprising health benefits:
1. Skinny Food – In the perfect combination, pumpkin is rich in fiber and low in calories. That means it keeps you full without expanding your waistline.
2. Happy Heart – Nuts and seeds, including those from pumpkins, are packed with phytosterols, which studies show reduce LDL, or “bad” cholesterol.
3. Mood Booster – Pumpkin seeds are also rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which is a vital ingredient in the production of the serotonin, the body’s mood elevation chemical.
4. Stay Healthy – Your favorite fall treat, just like oranges, are a solid source of the essential nutrient Vitamin C, which helps to ward off sickness.
5. Power Up – Perfect for after a tough workout, pumpkin is full of the nutrient potassium, an important player when it comes to restoring the body’s electrolytes.
Just remember when we’re talking about the benefits of the pumpkin, we’re talking about the seeds and pure pumpkin. Those sugary treats flavored with pumpkin won’t pack the same healthy wallop. But we won’t tell, if it’s just a taste …