The ClaimLinx office will be closed on Monday, September 4th to celebrate Labor Day. Our staff will be enjoying the last of the summer weather with friends and family. We hope all our clients and members can do the same.
Our team members will respond to any calls or messages as soon as possible upon our return on Tuesday, September 5th. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Interesting facts about Labor Day
- The first celebrated US Labor Day was on Tuesday, September 5, 1882, in New York City. It was planned by the Central Labor Union.
- Labor Day is considered the ‘unofficial NFL season kickoff.’ Most years, the NFL plays its first official season game the Thursday after Labor Day.
- On June 28, 1894, Congress passed an act making the first Monday in September of each year a legal holiday in the District of Columbia and the territories.
- In July 2023, the American unemployment rate was 3.5%, which was equivalent to about 5.8 million unemployed Americans, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Millions of Americans are planning to travel over Labor Day weekend this year, according to The Vacationer, a travel news website.
Fun activities to do over Labor Day Weekend
- Host a sports tailgate- It’s finally football season! Host a tailgate party rooting for your favorite teams.
- Take a Road Trip – The three-day weekend is the perfect time to take a road trip with family and friends. It is the perfect time to go visit and experience a new place.
- Decorate Your Front Porch for Fall- Are you the person who decorates your house for fall? The long weekend is the perfect time to do it.
- Give Back to Those Who work on Labor Day- Yes Labor Day is a national holiday, but many Americans work during the long weekend. Let your kids make thank you cards for local law enforcement, firefighters, or other essential workers.
- Go and watch a firework show- It’s not a summer holiday without fireworks. Find a good location and settle in for the show with your family and friends.