The ClaimLinx office will be closed on Monday, May 29th to spend the Memorial Day holiday with friends and family. All inquiries will be returned as soon as possible upon our return May 30th.
We hope all of our clients and members can enjoy the day with loved ones. We also want to remember and honor those lost their lives serving in the military. We will all be thinking of you on Monday.
Here are facts about Memorial Day
- Memorial Day didn’t become a federal holiday until 1971.
- The idea of Memorial Day was started in May of 1868, when the commander-in-chief of a Union veterans group issued a decree that May 30 should be recognized to commemorate the more than 620,000 soldiers killed in the Civil War.
- The American flag flies at half-staff from sunrise until noon on Memorial Day.
- Memorial Day unofficially starts the summer travel season
- Waterloo, NY is considered the birthplace of Memorial Day. In 1966, former President Lyndon B. Johnson signed legislation that Waterloo is the official birthplace of Memorial Day.
Fun activities to do on Memorial Day Weekend
- Play yard games- One of the top activities for Memorial Day is playing outdoor yard games. Some of the games can be corn hole, volleyball, and horseshoe.
- Have a picnic- One of top things to do on Memorial Day weekend is to have or cookout or picnic outside. To make it more fun you can play outdoor games, and you can also decorate.
- Visit the beach- You live close to the beach it would be a great way to spend time with family during the holiday weekend.
- Pay respects to the fallen- It’s a great way to spend quality time with family and honor the meaning and history of the holiday.