ClaimLinx will be closed at 12 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22 through Friday, November 24 to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family. Our team members will respond to any calls or messages as soon as possible upon our return on Monday, November 27th. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
We hope all our clients and members enjoy the holiday with loved ones. Our staff will be chowing down on mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, and, of course, turkey!
To kick off the holiday, read more about Thanksgiving through the years:
- The first official national Thanksgiving holiday was in 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln established an annual Thanksgiving celebration on the last Thursday in November.
- The NFL held the first Thanksgiving Classic games in 1920 and since then the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys have always hosted games. In 2006, a third game was added with different teams hosting each year.
- Turkey wasn’t on the menu at the first Thanksgiving. Venison, duck, goose, oysters, lobster, eel, and fish were likely served, alongside pumpkins and cranberries (but not pumpkin pie or cranberry sauce!).
- Americans eat 704 million pounds of turkey every Thanksgiving.
- The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade was in 1924, but it did not include the signature balloons the event is famous for now. German American illustrator Anthony Frederick Sarg designed them for the parade for the first time in 1927.
- The first Thanksgiving celebration wasn’t in November at all. In fact, some historians suggest it was held in mid-October
- President George H. W. Bush was the first president to pardon a turkey.
If you’re looking for some new recipe ideas, try some of the Top 50 from the Food Network:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sausage and Herb Stuffing
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp
From our staff, we hope you have a fun and fulfilling Thanksgiving holiday. Our team will be ready to get back to helping clients and members through Open Enrollment after this time spent with friends and family.
Image by: Freepik